Wine/value and age

Question
Hi Mr. Ling, I would appreciate it if you would give me an idea of the value, and whether this bottle is worth keeping as an investment, or drinking?
1989 Baron Philippe de Rothschild Mouton-Cadet Bordeaux

Thanks much, Jeff
Virginia, USA

Answer
Hi Jeff,

Mouton-Cadet is a brand of good-quality Bordeaux blend produced by the owners of the great First Growth Ch Mouton-Rothschild but having no other connection with it.

It's intended for drinking on release or within a few years of it so your bottle may be in decline by now; it certainly won't improve by further keeping and offers no investment opportunities.

I suggest you drink it sometime as it wouldn't be possible for you to sell a single bottle lawfully.

David
.

Wine

David Ling