I have a bottle of Tytell Europa May-Bowl product of Germany. Shipped by Teitel & co. Bingen/Rhein. I received it in 1994. Never been open. How and where can I find the age or date of bottle and value? I live in Michigan.

Hi LC,

If no vintage date is shown on the label, this will be a blend of several and thus impossible to date I'm afraid. (Except to say pre-1994!)

You wouldn't be able to sell a single bottle of this lawfully in the US so it has no value - sorry.

David Ling

I have 40 year`s experience tasting, collecting and enjoying wines as an amateur enthusiast. Bordeaux and Port are my particular loves and I regularly buy and sell at auction. I have a good library and frequently participate in on-line discussions. I can only help with valuations, buying or selling if you tell me where you live as there are many variations around the world.

I would not feel confident answering questions on German wines or those of the USA, South Africa or Australia. But please check my prestige rating and browse "Browse Past Answers" at the top of this page to see if I'm the one you want to help on everything else! (PLEASE don't forget to tell me where you are if you want my estimation of value or help buying or selling!)

I also participate regularly on several other discussion groups.