Wine/Cru de la Chapelle

Question
Hi!

Can you pls help me with this bottle of wine?
It has a label on it with "Cru de la Chapelle" and under it is written  1961.
"appellation Bordeaux controlee"
On the neck of the bottle is a label that reads B&G in red.
It is inherited from my father and it has been stored continuously in a wooden box.
I am curious as to it's value.
Thank you!

Answer
Hi Edy,

This came from the huge negociant Barton & Guestier (http://www.barton-guestier.com/en/index.php) but the simple quality statement "appellation Bordeaux controlee" indicates that it was blended from grapes grown anywhere in the Bordeaux region, rather than within a specific district (Such as Medoc, St-Emilion, etc.), so it would never have been a costly wine.

I don't think 'Cru du Chapelle' is more than a brand name and I'd be astonished if you could find a buyer willing to risk money on a 50-year-old wine of this type. (Unless they were seduced by the fame of the 1961 vintage for fine wines!)

Sorry!

David
.

Wine

David Ling