Wine/Fortnum & Mason Port

Question
Hello

I have a Fine Old Ruby Port - on the label it says By Appointment to Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II - Grocers and Provisions Merchants.  Fine Old Ruby (matured in wood)  Bottled for the Morgan Crucible Co LTD - Produce of Australia.  At the bottom of the label it says Fortnum & Mason London.  On the bottom of the bottle it has what looks like:
A 4 E
C  20
UGB

Can you tell me what it may be worth please?

Thanks

Angela

Answer
Hi Angela,

Fortnum's always buy their own-label wines from reputable sources - as one might expect - so this probably came from one of the better second-tier producers such as Smith Woodhouse or Martinez but I'm afraid it is no more than a good Ruby that was bought in quantity as corporate gifts by Morgan Crucible (now Morgan Advanced Materials).

Thus it wouldn't be of much interest to collectors and not easy to sell for a significant sum.

I suggest you drink it!

David
.

Wine

David Ling