Wine/Krug Brut 1988

Question
Good Afternoon Josh, I recently stumbled upon a local wine merchant in NJ that still had a bottle of 1988 Krug for sale for $199.99.  I am wary of this low price, and am unaware of how the bottle was stored.  Regardless, I obviously purchased the bottle immediately, and did not notice any ullage or other faults with the bottle.  There is a fair amount of particulates in the bottle, which I'm assuming are tartrates.  What are your thoughts on the condition of this bottle, assuming that it was stored vertically at around 65 degrees, give or take, since disgorgement.  I plan on drinking this in two weeks for Thanksgiving, or holding until Christmas at the latest.  Also, regarding temperature, possible decanting,  etc... how should I serve this bottle?  Thank you for your time and consideration in this matter.

Answer
Eric,
It sounds like got a real find. Good Champagne ages well because the CO2 acts as a preservative. Assuming it was not exposed to high temperatures it should prove a real treat. Very cold is always best for Champagne, don't decant it, just chill it pop it and pour. The tartates are to be expected and will not affect the taste. Happy Holidays!  

Wine

Joshua Farrell