Wine/Port

Question
Sir, I have 2bottles of port 1.  1950 Porto Velho - Carlo Visconti reservation particular Douro Portugal.

2.  Real Companhia Velha Porto vintage 1994 bottle number 849408

They are laid down in my cellar and I am moving house - are they of any value please?

Many thanks Michael.

Answer
Hi Michael

These are interesting wines.  While they are not from the best producers, they are both good years.  And Vintage Ports are known for aging well.

I think they should both be tasty.

As for value, it's likely that better known wines would sell for more...but these are still of interest to collectors.

I'd say these might sell at auction for $100 or more. But it is illegal for private citizens to sell alcoholic beverages in the USA.  You have to work with a retailer or auction house...and they will take a nice commission.

Hope that helps.

Paul Wagner  

Wine

Paul Wagner