Wine/Value of the box

Question
David
I saw a posting about a gift set BP Rothschild. Medoc and Graves but wine was too old and most likely not any good. I however have the box in our antique store. Any idea what that's worth?

Answer
Hi Russell,

Sorry but I can't be too optimistic about selling your box as I recently researched eBay UK on the subject of wine boxes because I have had a clear-out of my cellar and wanted to get rid of about 20 old OWCs of decent Bordeaux and Vintage Port. I was surprised at the huge range that merchants were offering to sell for tuppence (UK slang for next to nothing!) that I didn't see the point of trying as they're bulky things that you can't drop in the mail.

But perhaps there's more demand in the US? Try it but don't expect to get much.

David
.

Wine

David Ling