Wine/Ferreira port

Question
Ferreira port
Ferreira port  
Hello, we have a bottle of Ferreira port. the only writing on the label (that you can't see on photo) is stowells of chelsea and 26fl oz, matured in wood, produce of Portugal est 1751. It also has  selected ruby on the collar but it has no other details or labels. Are you able to tell us any more about the date or whether it is worth drinking or not.
Many thanks

Answer
Hi Kate,

Ferreira are the leading Portuguese-owned Port house so this will be a good example of a good-quality Ruby Port.

However, these are always blended from several vintages so there is no way to date them. They do not improve with age but I'd have no hestation about drinking it as your bottle seems to be in good condition.

David
.

Wine

David Ling