Wine/leonardo davinci wine?

I found a couple bottles of wine in my mothers basement... 1998 cantine Leonardo da vinci wine commemorative edition Chianti with a picture of 'the big horse' on label. Is this worth anything?  I have searched web and cant find anything except a similar bottle that is empty being sold for $100.00 on ebay
estate bottled by Cantine Leonardo Da Vinci  VInci Italy
750 ml 12.5 volume

Hi Lisa,

These came from a Tuscan co-operative and would have been at their best around 2003 as Chiantis are made for drinking shortly after release.

It wouldn't be possible for you to sell them lawfully I'm afraid so they are effectively worthless.

I hope you aren't confusing 'selling' with 'on offer' as I can't imagine why anyone would pay $100 for an empty bottle when they could buy a full one from a recent vintage for arouind $10!

There's a bit about the producers here that you may like to see:

David Ling

I have 40 year`s experience tasting, collecting and enjoying wines as an amateur enthusiast. Bordeaux and Port are my particular loves and I regularly buy and sell at auction. I have a good library and frequently participate in on-line discussions. I can only help with valuations, buying or selling if you tell me where you live as there are many variations around the world.

I would not feel confident answering questions on German wines or those of the USA, South Africa or Australia. But please check my prestige rating and browse "Browse Past Answers" at the top of this page to see if I'm the one you want to help on everything else! (PLEASE don't forget to tell me where you are if you want my estimation of value or help buying or selling!)

I also participate regularly on several other discussion groups.