Wine/Louis Roederer 1986

Dear David,

I have a bottle of Louis Roederer 1986 unopened. It has been stored in my wine rack for many years. Please can you let me know of where I can find a value, or advise if this will be of any value. Its not a perfect condition bottle but in decent condition.
I am based in Berkshire, South England.

Your help is greatly appreciated

Hi Wendy,

This is now old for any Champagne, even one of this class, so it may not be easy to sell a single bottle that's not in pristine condition and hasn't been kept in a cool dark place - assuming your wine rack isn't!

I suggest you take it to Bigwood's in Stratford-upon-Avon by appointment next time you are in the area as they often get good prices for old oddments and may be able to suggest a catalogue valuation.

Good luck!

David Ling

I have 40 year`s experience tasting, collecting and enjoying wines as an amateur enthusiast. Bordeaux and Port are my particular loves and I regularly buy and sell at auction. I have a good library and frequently participate in on-line discussions. I can only help with valuations, buying or selling if you tell me where you live as there are many variations around the world.

I would not feel confident answering questions on German wines or those of the USA, South Africa or Australia. But please check my prestige rating and browse "Browse Past Answers" at the top of this page to see if I'm the one you want to help on everything else! (PLEASE don't forget to tell me where you are if you want my estimation of value or help buying or selling!)

I also participate regularly on several other discussion groups.