Wine/Peter F Herring value of Cherring Heering

Cherring Heering
Cherring Heering  
QUESTION: I inherited a bottle fo Cherry Heering made in Copenhagan, Denmark by Peter F Heering. I can find old empty bottles on ebay selling as rare bottles but none with contents. Does this bottle have any value? The pictures are not of the bottle I have but mine is identical.

ANSWER: Hi Richard,

Sorry but it would be impossible for you to find a buyer for this lawfuilly so I'm afraid this bottle is effectively worthless. I'd try it after a meal sometime - assuming you like cherry brandy - or think of a use for it in the kitchen!

QUESTION: What do you mean "Lawfully" ?

Hi Richard,

Alcohol can only be sold lawfully in the USA via a merchant licenced by the local State so your only market would be to an approved merchant who is willing to buy this bottle from you - either for his own resale or via an associated auction house.

It's difficult to see any circumstances whereby any merchant would be willing to offer you anything for an old bottle of cherry brandy when he could only sell a fresh one for around $20, including his profit margin.

So, as you couldn't sell it, that's why it has no value.

Sorry again.

David Ling

I have 40 year`s experience tasting, collecting and enjoying wines as an amateur enthusiast. Bordeaux and Port are my particular loves and I regularly buy and sell at auction. I have a good library and frequently participate in on-line discussions. I can only help with valuations, buying or selling if you tell me where you live as there are many variations around the world.

I would not feel confident answering questions on German wines or those of the USA, South Africa or Australia. But please check my prestige rating and browse "Browse Past Answers" at the top of this page to see if I'm the one you want to help on everything else! (PLEASE don't forget to tell me where you are if you want my estimation of value or help buying or selling!)

I also participate regularly on several other discussion groups.