Wine/Vieux cellier d'yvecourt

Pic of wine
Pic of wine  
QUESTION: Good evening, I have a bottle of Vieux cellier d'yvecourt 600cl 1985. It is in its original crate.  Would you happen to know how much this would be worth at all ?   Many thanks in advance, Karl

ANSWER: Hi Karl,

This is difficult to value as Imperials (holding 8 bottles of wine) have limited appeal as not many can cope with 50+ servings at one go!

Furthermore, this is now old for a co-operative bottling of a blended Bordeaux.

Please come back telling me whereabouts you live and I'll see if I know a specialist wine auctioneer near you who might be willing to value this - and sell it for you if that's in your mind.

QUESTION: Apologies, I forgot to say I'm in Warwick. Thank you also for such a prompt reply. Kind regards Karl

Hi Karl,

Some suggestions:

Bigwood's, Stratford-u-Avon ( Regular wine sales and noted for oddments.
J. Straker Chadwick, Abergavenny ( Specialist wine department and the largest provincial wine auctioneer in the UK.
Bid for Wine ( On-line auctioneer.

Good luck!

David Ling

I have 40 year`s experience tasting, collecting and enjoying wines as an amateur enthusiast. Bordeaux and Port are my particular loves and I regularly buy and sell at auction. I have a good library and frequently participate in on-line discussions. I can only help with valuations, buying or selling if you tell me where you live as there are many variations around the world.

I would not feel confident answering questions on German wines or those of the USA, South Africa or Australia. But please check my prestige rating and browse "Browse Past Answers" at the top of this page to see if I'm the one you want to help on everything else! (PLEASE don't forget to tell me where you are if you want my estimation of value or help buying or selling!)

I also participate regularly on several other discussion groups.