Wine/is this wine drinkable re age

I have been given a present of this wine and need expert advice as to its drinkability.This is info on label as it appears..
a rich full bodied red wine
3 Litre          12.5% Volume
      Produce of France
Bottled at PR5 4AT UK by WI108

HI Eve

This wine was never meant to age this long, and is almost certainly past its prime.  I wish that I could tell you something different, but the only thing that argues in favor of this wine is the large bottle format.  Larger bottles do tend to be a longer lived than the traditional 750ml bottle...but they also often have more variation, as the corks and bottling procedure for these big bottles is pretty much a hand-work operation.

All in all, you wouldn't get me to offer much money for this wine.  It might still be quite tasty, but the chances are generally against it. If all went well, this could be quite delicious...but that's a big "if."

Sorry that I can't give you better news

Paul Wagner  

Paul Wagner

Wines of the world, wine a food matching, wine and food service questions. I currently teach Wine courses at Napa Valley College, am an international wine judge, written many articles for publication, and have been a guest speaker at way too many wine conferences to remember. 25 years in the business. With Liz Thach and Janeen Olsen, I authored the definitive book on wine marketing: Wine Marketing & Sales, Strategies for a Saturated Market by The Wine Appreciation Guild, which won the Gourmand International Award in 2008 for the best wine book for professionals! With Rick Kushman of Capital Public Radio, I host a radio show and podcast called Bottletalk at, where I answer questions about wine and food on the air.

30 years in the business.

Society of Wine Educators, Academy of Wine Communications, American Wine Society

Vineyard and Winery Management Magazine, Fine Wine Journal, les Amis du Vin Journal, Society of Wine Educators Journal, and more.

I have taught at Napa Valley College for the last twenty years.

Spanish National Wine Fair: A lifetime dedicated to wine award. Espaderino della Castelania di Soave in Italy.

Wineries include Caymus, Wente, Parducci, Shannon Ridge, Paul Dolan Wines, Vigilance, and others. Wine regions include the Union des Grand Crus de Borcdeaux, Union des Grands Crus de St. Emilion, Consorzio di Chianti CLassico, Vino Nobile di Montepulciano, Consorzio di Franciacorta, Rioja Alavesa, and others.