Wine/1895 ayala chateau d'ay

Question
we are clearing out cupboards and have come across a bottle of the above, whilst intact I am guessing undrinkable but wondered if it has any value? Label states extra quality, extra dry, registered France probably approx 50cl bottle.

Answer
Hi Andy,

I'm afraid I agree that there is little chance of any old NV Champagne that hadn't been stored properly in a cool dark place still being drinkable but I don't think it has any value so there'd be no harm in trying it.

BTW, the 1895 date refers to some event in the history of this Champagne house and not to your specific bottle.

David
.

Wine

David Ling