Wine/Is my 1953 Chateau Lafite Rothschild Bordeaux worth trying?

Question
While moving my 91 year old Mother-in-law to be closer to the family one of the items she had was a 1953 Chateau Lafite Rothschild Bordeaux. Unfortunately there is a tear in the foil and the wine level is low.
Also at one point it fell over and a bit leaked out ..... just a few drops but obviously the cork isn't doing it's job.
I think I already know it's no good and I have read that it's impossible to get any money for a single bottle anyway but since it is sort of a valuable wine I wanted to be sure.
IS it impossible for an individual  to get a sale on a single bottle and even if you can does the leakage completely devalue a wine?
Should we even open it and taste it or just toss it in the trash?

Answer
Stephen,

Your instincts are correct. You will not find many takers for your wine in the condition you describe. It is also not likely that it is still any good. But sure, go ahead and try. You'll always be able to say that you've drank '53 Lafite.  

Wine

Joshua Farrell