Wine/BURATI DI TORINO VERMOUTH

Question
QUESTION: I have a green bottle of vermouth that I'd like to know more about. Cant find it ANYWHERE on the internet.  
FRONT LABLE: BURATI EXTRA DRY VERMOUTH DI TORINO BIANCO
Produced and bottled in Italy By V.N.P-S.P.A ASTI, ITALY
IMPORTED BY MONSIEUR HENRI WINES LTD, NEW YORK, NY

ON THE TOP SEAL AROUND NECK OF BOTTLE:  ITALIA MARCHIO NAZIONALE

TOP OF LID: TRIBASTI N.2478

ANSWER: Hi Kelli

Vermouth di Torino is a protected and regulated product--made only in the region around Turin, Italy, and made to specific standards and guidelines established by the European Union and local authorities.  It is a combination of red wine with traditional herbs...and the recipe is centuries old. The original version were often developed by religious orders and were reputed to have medicial properties.

I suspect that this bottle was made for Monsieur Henri as a private label.  Henri is a well-known negociant who buys wines in various places and then bottles them under his labels.  I think he found a good vermouth and wanted to bring it into the USA under his label, and so he created this brand.  And it is no longer used.

hope that helps.

Paul Wagner

QUESTION: Very interesting!!

Is there a way I can post/send you a picture of the bottle? I'd really like to know when (what year) it was made :)

Answer
Hi Kelli

You can attach a photo to a question here...and that might help me give you a bit more info...

or you can contact Monsieur Henri directly:

MHW Ltd.
Phone:          516-869-9170      
Email: WebInfo@MHWLtd.com
272 Plandome Road
Manhasset, NY 11030

Paul Wagner

Wine

Paul Wagner