Wine/dom perignon

could you value a bottle of 1971 cuvee domperignon vintage 1971 label reads moet and chandon a eperney fondee en 1971 champagne cuvee dom perignon vintage 1971 thank you .

Hi Ian,

You could currently replace this excellent DP from a UK merchant for £340, plus VAT and delivery, so I'd expect a pristine bottle (IE, one with a perfect colour, level and capsule) to attract bids around that figure at auction, if you were asking with a view to selling this, as you'd obviously be selling VAT-inclusive.

I know Omega Auctions ( in South Manchester hold wine auctions from time to time or you could try selling on-line via Bid for Wine (

David Ling

I have 40 year`s experience tasting, collecting and enjoying wines as an amateur enthusiast. Bordeaux and Port are my particular loves and I regularly buy and sell at auction. I have a good library and frequently participate in on-line discussions. I can only help with valuations, buying or selling if you tell me where you live as there are many variations around the world.

I would not feel confident answering questions on German wines or those of the USA, South Africa or Australia. But please check my prestige rating and browse "Browse Past Answers" at the top of this page to see if I'm the one you want to help on everything else! (PLEASE don't forget to tell me where you are if you want my estimation of value or help buying or selling!)

I also participate regularly on several other discussion groups.