Wine/gifted

Question
hi iv just been given a lot of wines and other bottles like ports and champers over 30 bottles. I have no idea about wines and don't want to just chuck them as some have ages from the 1950's where do I go from here
many thanks
Aaron

Answer
Hi Aaron,

I'll try to help but I'll need to know details about a sample of these before I can do much so please come back with the full label text of a few bottles as a snapshot of your gift.

Any bottles where the lable includes the words 'Vintage Port', 'Grand Vin', 'Grand or Premier Cru' or 'Champagne' may have significant value if they are pristine in terms of level, label and capsule and could therefore make it worthwile for a professional appraiser to call by appointment.

David
.

Wine

David Ling