Wine/Martell VSOP

Martell vsop
Martell vsop  
I have encountered a few bottles of Martell vsop medaillon cognac seemingly from the 1960's ( white boxes) any idea about value or best way to market this?

Hi Emmanuel,

I'd rather not speculate about the possible sale value of these as the bottle you photographed shows a reduced level, probably caused by poor storage or a failing seal, that might worry potential buyers.

I suggest you contact Silvie's ( in Antwerp or Pierre Bergé ( in Brussels and ask them to appraise the bottles professionally as potential entries into one of their sales. Don't forget to allow for their sales commission though.

David Ling

I have 40 year`s experience tasting, collecting and enjoying wines as an amateur enthusiast. Bordeaux and Port are my particular loves and I regularly buy and sell at auction. I have a good library and frequently participate in on-line discussions. I can only help with valuations, buying or selling if you tell me where you live as there are many variations around the world.

I would not feel confident answering questions on German wines or those of the USA, South Africa or Australia. But please check my prestige rating and browse "Browse Past Answers" at the top of this page to see if I'm the one you want to help on everything else! (PLEASE don't forget to tell me where you are if you want my estimation of value or help buying or selling!)

I also participate regularly on several other discussion groups.