Wine/old wine

Hello, my name is Italo, I live in Brazil and I have a bottle of wine Alexis Lichine & C Bordeaux 1981.
I did some research but found nothing that would inform me about the specification of this wine, their crops, and their best indication, not even its market value.
Could you give me information about this wine? I thank you.

Hi Italo,

Alexis Lichine was a notable wine merchant and vineyard owner but I'd need to know the full text from the lable before I could answer you fully.

But I can say now that very few '81 Bordeaux will still be very enjoyable after so long.

Come back and I may be able to tell you more about this bottle.

David Ling

I have 40 year`s experience tasting, collecting and enjoying wines as an amateur enthusiast. Bordeaux and Port are my particular loves and I regularly buy and sell at auction. I have a good library and frequently participate in on-line discussions. I can only help with valuations, buying or selling if you tell me where you live as there are many variations around the world.

I would not feel confident answering questions on German wines or those of the USA, South Africa or Australia. But please check my prestige rating and browse "Browse Past Answers" at the top of this page to see if I'm the one you want to help on everything else! (PLEASE don't forget to tell me where you are if you want my estimation of value or help buying or selling!)

I also participate regularly on several other discussion groups.