Wine/Piper Heidsieck

Hi-I am looking for an estimated value of this bottle. It is fully intact and I believe it to be approx 25 yrs old. The only numbers I can see are included in the second photo. It is printed 2185 and underneath it says 61286.

Hi Greg,

I'm afraid the potential value of a single 25-YO NV Piper wouldn't reach the minimum thresholds set by most wine auctioneers so it's difficult to see any value remaining after so long.

Sorry but I think you best option is to open it for the experience sometime as I know of no lawful way you could sell it in the USA.

(BTW: Extra Dry is a style of Champagne LESS dry than the more-usual Brut.)

David Ling

I have 40 year`s experience tasting, collecting and enjoying wines as an amateur enthusiast. Bordeaux and Port are my particular loves and I regularly buy and sell at auction. I have a good library and frequently participate in on-line discussions. I can only help with valuations, buying or selling if you tell me where you live as there are many variations around the world.

I would not feel confident answering questions on German wines or those of the USA, South Africa or Australia. But please check my prestige rating and browse "Browse Past Answers" at the top of this page to see if I'm the one you want to help on everything else! (PLEASE don't forget to tell me where you are if you want my estimation of value or help buying or selling!)

I also participate regularly on several other discussion groups.