Wine/principe chianti fish shape bottle

Hi paul I am in possession of a green sword fish bottle of principe chianti and it is about  3 feet tall. Any idea what this is worth.
Thank you.

HI Maria

These bottles were produced in the thousands as marketing and merchandising items for restaurants and retail shops.  The idea was that customers would see these, and then order a normal sized bottle of the same wine.  While they are striking visuals, the wine inside is not at all valuable, and is well past its prime by now.

I have seen these on ebay selling for as little as $15-20...although some fetch higher prices.  I haven't seen any of them sell for more than about $35-40.

Hope that helps

Paul Wagner  

Paul Wagner

Wines of the world, wine a food matching, wine and food service questions. I currently teach Wine courses at Napa Valley College, am an international wine judge, written many articles for publication, and have been a guest speaker at way too many wine conferences to remember. 25 years in the business. With Liz Thach and Janeen Olsen, I authored the definitive book on wine marketing: Wine Marketing & Sales, Strategies for a Saturated Market by The Wine Appreciation Guild, which won the Gourmand International Award in 2008 for the best wine book for professionals! With Rick Kushman of Capital Public Radio, I host a radio show and podcast called Bottletalk at, where I answer questions about wine and food on the air.

30 years in the business.

Society of Wine Educators, Academy of Wine Communications, American Wine Society

Vineyard and Winery Management Magazine, Fine Wine Journal, les Amis du Vin Journal, Society of Wine Educators Journal, and more.

I have taught at Napa Valley College for the last twenty years.

Spanish National Wine Fair: A lifetime dedicated to wine award. Espaderino della Castelania di Soave in Italy.

Wineries include Caymus, Wente, Parducci, Shannon Ridge, Paul Dolan Wines, Vigilance, and others. Wine regions include the Union des Grand Crus de Borcdeaux, Union des Grands Crus de St. Emilion, Consorzio di Chianti CLassico, Vino Nobile di Montepulciano, Consorzio di Franciacorta, Rioja Alavesa, and others.