Wine/sell Champagne/1959

Question
I have a bottle unopened and in very good condition of Charles Heidsieck Brut 1959 with label exclusively selected for Pan American. What is the value and how do I find a buyer? Thank You.

Answer
Hi Bernard,

I'm afraid this is now very old indeed for any Champagne, even one from the excellent '59 vintage, so it may not be easy to find anyone interested in buying a single bottle.

It might be worth asking Wine Gavel (http://www.winegavel.com/) what hammer price they'd hope to achieve if you were to enter your bottle into their on-line auction system but they may not feel willing to accept it - in which case I'm sorry but your bottle has no value.

David
.  

Wine

David Ling