I have a bottle of port with the following label information:
Port of the 1890 Vintage
Product of Portugal
Portwine Matured in Wood Bottled and Shipped by
Antonio Jose da Silva
Vinhos, S.A.R.L. (Est. 1813)
Vila Nova de Gaia - Portugal

Imported by:
Foreign Brands, Inc.
101 West 31St Street
New York I, New York

The  label also includes a picture of a red wax seal and says:

On the opposite side of the bottle stenciled in white is "1890 Port". Right above the stencil, the glass is also embossed with wording similar to the red seal on the label and reads:
There appears to be another character embossed in the glass after "SILVa".  It looks like either an "S" or "g".

Also there is a seal with the number CF 020060, and the seal includes the wording "SELO DE GARANTIA"

Any information you could tell me about this vine would be greatly appreciated including valuation.
I am located in San Diego,Ca.   Regards,

Hi Will,

This is an aged tawny from a single vintage or 'Colheita' in Portspeak that would attract considerable interest from collectors at auction as this vintage isn't currently available from any merchant, anywhere.

It's not a famous vintage though so I suggest you ask Wine Commune ( or Wine Gavel ( for a professional catalogue valuation as a potential auction entry.

I'd rather not raise your hopes too far as much will depend on the condition of the bottle in terms of level, label and capsule but we're talking well into 3 figures USD.

David Ling

I have 40 year`s experience tasting, collecting and enjoying wines as an amateur enthusiast. Bordeaux and Port are my particular loves and I regularly buy and sell at auction. I have a good library and frequently participate in on-line discussions. I can only help with valuations, buying or selling if you tell me where you live as there are many variations around the world.

I would not feel confident answering questions on German wines or those of the USA, South Africa or Australia. But please check my prestige rating and browse "Browse Past Answers" at the top of this page to see if I'm the one you want to help on everything else! (PLEASE don't forget to tell me where you are if you want my estimation of value or help buying or selling!)

I also participate regularly on several other discussion groups.