Wine/Valuation of a Bottle of Sherry

Question
I have a bottle of Adams Benediction Sherry (Oloroso) states 35 years old on the bottle. On the bottom of the bottle there is a stamp 470 with a B underneath.  Would you be able to advise is there is any value to this.

Answer
Hi Susan

This is lovely stuff, and should give you a lot of pleasure when you open it.  And I suggest that you do just that.  For some reason, older Sherries simply don't have the same appeal to collectors as older Ports or Bordeaux, and as a result, they don't have the same value at auction.  This one might sell for around $50 US, or the equivalent in pounds.  But it won't make you rich.

On the other hand, it will make you very happy!

Hope that helps

Paul Wagner

Wine

Paul Wagner