Wine/What is the value of the following bottle of White Wine.

Question
I have a bottle of 1998er Jatob (Jacob) Gerhardt white wine and wish to get an opinion if it is worth anything. I was told when I received it that it was worth over $500.00. I have stored it sideways on a wine rack. Here is the information on the bottle:
NIERSTEINER SCHLOSSKELLEREIEN GMBH & CO. KG
D-55283 NIERSTEIN AM RHEIN
Rheinhessen 2973
Qualititatswein mit Pradikat
1998er Qppenhrimer Schlob Ehrenfekser Eiswein
A.P.Nr. 4 907 217 022 99

Answer
Hi Dan

This is lovely stuff, and quite rare.  I think it might be hard to find someone to pay that kind of price for it, but it is certainly delicious. And you only need one buyer....

Please be sure to store this in a very cool dark place--heat is your worst enemy now.remember that if you do chooose to sell this, you'll have to work through a retailer or auction housw..and they will charge a significant commission.

Hope that helps.

Paul Wagner

Wine

Paul Wagner