Wine/Value of old wine

Hi, I have two older/vintage bottles of wine that have no date. The are: Cantine Pellegrino, Product of Italy, Marsala D.O.C., Superiore. Produced and bottled by Carlo Pellegrion & C.Sp.A., Marsela, Italy, 750 ml 18% alcohol. SWEET. Also says: Sole US Agents Paterno Importers, LTD, Chicago, IL.  It does have a bar code in the back so it can't be too old.  Let me know. Thanks.

Hi Karin,

I'm afraid your Marsala, see, wouldn't be easy for you to sell lawfully because I doubt if bottles that could be replaced for around $10 would be acceptable by any wine auctioneer as they all set minimum value thresholds.

Thus I can't see any value in them.

David Ling

I have 40 year`s experience tasting, collecting and enjoying wines as an amateur enthusiast. Bordeaux and Port are my particular loves and I regularly buy and sell at auction. I have a good library and frequently participate in on-line discussions. I can only help with valuations, buying or selling if you tell me where you live as there are many variations around the world.

I would not feel confident answering questions on German wines or those of the USA, South Africa or Australia. But please check my prestige rating and browse "Browse Past Answers" at the top of this page to see if I'm the one you want to help on everything else! (PLEASE don't forget to tell me where you are if you want my estimation of value or help buying or selling!)

I also participate regularly on several other discussion groups.