Wine/Value of old wine

Question
Hi, I have two older/vintage bottles of wine that have no date. The are: Cantine Pellegrino, Product of Italy, Marsala D.O.C., Superiore. Produced and bottled by Carlo Pellegrion & C.Sp.A., Marsela, Italy, 750 ml 18% alcohol. SWEET. Also says: Sole US Agents Paterno Importers, LTD, Chicago, IL.  It does have a bar code in the back so it can't be too old.  Let me know. Thanks.

Answer
Hi Karin,

I'm afraid your Marsala, see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marsala_wine, wouldn't be easy for you to sell lawfully because I doubt if bottles that could be replaced for around $10 would be acceptable by any wine auctioneer as they all set minimum value thresholds.

Thus I can't see any value in them.

Sorry!

David
.  

Wine

David Ling