Wine/Value of Wine

Hi I have a bottle of Mouton Cadet Rothschild 1947 Bordeaux 37.5cl
I also have a bottle of Chateauneuf du Pape 1983 Alc 13% 75cl - Dominique Vergniaud - 84100 ORANGE

Any information and price estimate would be great !

Thankyou so much for your time

HopE to speak to you soon
Regards Steve

Mouton Cadet is the generic Bordeaux produced by the Baronne Rothschild of Mouton. It was created as a simple everyday wine and intended to be drunk within a year or 3 of release. Even though 1947 was a very good vintage I would not expect that wine to still be drinkable even if storage conditions have been pristine. At auction it might draw some interest but I'd be surprised if it went for more than $20-40.

The Chateauneuf is also from a very good vintage and a more recent one. The producer however is is a negociant who is not particularly distinguished. If the wine has been perfectly stored it may be drinkable although 10 years or so past it's prime. It also may draw minimal interest at auction. $15-$30.

Joshua Farrell

I can answer most any question about wine- types, styles, grape varieties, regions, vintages, proper storage, production, wine and food pairing, wine service, decanting, proper glassware, serving temperatures etc. Regarding questions about specific bottles of wine, since I live in the U.S. my focus is on wines imported here. I can't answer questions about spirits and liquor valuations.

I have over 20 years of experience. I was a wine buyer and sommelier in NYC for many years including 4 years at Windows on the World which was NY's number one wine restaurant. I created and taught a Wine Appreciation Course at Borough of Manhattan Community College. I have worked for the past 15 years for the Wine Enthusiast Cos. as Editor, Columnist, Wine Storage Consultant and am currently Wine Director and Buyer for their online wine website, I recently judged in the Finger Lakes International Wine Competition. Follow me on Twitter @WEX_Josh

Wine Enthusiast Magazine, Diversions Magazine

Windows on the World Wine School- completed all courses from beginning to advanced. Former member of the Sommelier Society of NY. Competed in the Food and Wines of France Sommelier Competition. Traveled to wine regions in Europe including, Bordeaux, Rhone Valley, Alsace, Tuscany, Piedmont, Veneto, Rioja, and Jerez. Visited wine regions in NY's Finger Lakes, California's Sonoma, Napa and Central Coast and Oregon's Willamette Valley.