Wine/Value of Wine

Question
Hi I have a bottle of Mouton Cadet Rothschild 1947 Bordeaux 37.5cl
I also have a bottle of Chateauneuf du Pape 1983 Alc 13% 75cl - Dominique Vergniaud - 84100 ORANGE

Any information and price estimate would be great !

Thankyou so much for your time

HopE to speak to you soon
Regards Steve

Answer
Steven,

Mouton Cadet is the generic Bordeaux produced by the Baronne Rothschild of Mouton. It was created as a simple everyday wine and intended to be drunk within a year or 3 of release. Even though 1947 was a very good vintage I would not expect that wine to still be drinkable even if storage conditions have been pristine. At auction it might draw some interest but I'd be surprised if it went for more than $20-40.

The Chateauneuf is also from a very good vintage and a more recent one. The producer however is is a negociant who is not particularly distinguished. If the wine has been perfectly stored it may be drinkable although 10 years or so past it's prime. It also may draw minimal interest at auction. $15-$30.

Wine

Joshua Farrell