Wine/value of wine

I have a bottle of Orlando, Fl. 1994-95 Home Of The Magic Easteren Conference Champions Wine, Burg Layer Schlosskapelle White Grape Wine From Germany, any value? Heard you knew everything about wines from Germany.

Hi Moreen,

I only know of The Eastern Conference Champions as an Indie rock band originally from Philadelphia so I assume your bottle was produced to promote or commemorate one of their gigs - in which case I'm afraid it would be difficult to sell lawfully and is thus worthless.

It's kind of you to credit me with 'knowing everything about wines frrom Germany' but that's far from the case as I hope my profile makes clear. I can tell you though that German wines where the label lacks a the name of a grape are always low-quality off-dry blends based on the hybrid Muller-Thurgau grape and made to sell at a low price point to drink immediately. So your bottle is probably some way into decline if it was bottled asround 1995.

David Ling

I have 40 year`s experience tasting, collecting and enjoying wines as an amateur enthusiast. Bordeaux and Port are my particular loves and I regularly buy and sell at auction. I have a good library and frequently participate in on-line discussions. I can only help with valuations, buying or selling if you tell me where you live as there are many variations around the world.

I would not feel confident answering questions on German wines or those of the USA, South Africa or Australia. But please check my prestige rating and browse "Browse Past Answers" at the top of this page to see if I'm the one you want to help on everything else! (PLEASE don't forget to tell me where you are if you want my estimation of value or help buying or selling!)

I also participate regularly on several other discussion groups.