Wine/Almaden Centennial Brandy from 1967

Almaden Brandy from 1967
Almaden Brandy from 19  
I have an original case of Almaden Centennial Brandy bottled Feb. 6, 1967. These are the antique 4/5 pint bottles, sealed with bottle stamps still intact across the cap and down the neck of the bottle. I have sampled one bottle and it is still VERY GOOD! I believe this Centennial Brandy was only distributed to Almaden Management at the time and is VERY RARE! I would be grateful for any information on the value of this and/or if anyone is interested in buying. Im located in the San Francisco Bay Area, CA. You can reach me at . Thank you!

HI Michael

Distilled spirits like this are so high in alcohol that they don't change much over time, for better or for worse, once they're in the bottle.  The good news is that this should be perfectly fine to drink. The bad news is that it hasn't appreciated in value the way some fine wines do.  This is worth about what a current bottling is worth: maybe about $20-30 a bottle max.

It's illegal for private citizens to sell alcoholic beverages in the USA, so you'd have to work through an auction house or retailer--and they would take a ssignificant commission.

Hope that helps.  Sorry I don't have more exciting news for you

Paul Wagner

Paul Wagner

Wines of the world, wine a food matching, wine and food service questions. I currently teach Wine courses at Napa Valley College, am an international wine judge, written many articles for publication, and have been a guest speaker at way too many wine conferences to remember. 25 years in the business. With Liz Thach and Janeen Olsen, I authored the definitive book on wine marketing: Wine Marketing & Sales, Strategies for a Saturated Market by The Wine Appreciation Guild, which won the Gourmand International Award in 2008 for the best wine book for professionals! With Rick Kushman of Capital Public Radio, I host a radio show and podcast called Bottletalk at, where I answer questions about wine and food on the air.

30 years in the business.

Society of Wine Educators, Academy of Wine Communications, American Wine Society

Vineyard and Winery Management Magazine, Fine Wine Journal, les Amis du Vin Journal, Society of Wine Educators Journal, and more.

I have taught at Napa Valley College for the last twenty years.

Spanish National Wine Fair: A lifetime dedicated to wine award. Espaderino della Castelania di Soave in Italy.

Wineries include Caymus, Wente, Parducci, Shannon Ridge, Paul Dolan Wines, Vigilance, and others. Wine regions include the Union des Grand Crus de Borcdeaux, Union des Grands Crus de St. Emilion, Consorzio di Chianti CLassico, Vino Nobile di Montepulciano, Consorzio di Franciacorta, Rioja Alavesa, and others.