Wine/Australia VC winners SVN port collection

Can you please give me a rough value of a four (4) crock port collection featuring Simpson, Badcoe, Wheatley and Payne the four Victoria Cross recipients in the SVN conflict. Thank you.

Hi George,

I'd need to know the maker before I could even guess the value of these but commemorative bottlings are always a volatile market as collectors are sometimes willing to pay a premium over intrinsic value, but not always.

I suggest you ask Langton's ( to suggest what catalogue figure they'd put on them as potential auction entries, but don't forget to allow for their commission.

David Ling

I have 40 year`s experience tasting, collecting and enjoying wines as an amateur enthusiast. Bordeaux and Port are my particular loves and I regularly buy and sell at auction. I have a good library and frequently participate in on-line discussions. I can only help with valuations, buying or selling if you tell me where you live as there are many variations around the world.

I would not feel confident answering questions on German wines or those of the USA, South Africa or Australia. But please check my prestige rating and browse "Browse Past Answers" at the top of this page to see if I'm the one you want to help on everything else! (PLEASE don't forget to tell me where you are if you want my estimation of value or help buying or selling!)

I also participate regularly on several other discussion groups.