Wine/Drinkability of old white wines

Question
Recently found in a disuse storage space the following white wines.

Schramsburg  1983 Napa Valley Crement demi-sec (my wedding wine)

Stags Leap 1990 Chardonnay

Puligny Montrachet 1988 Clos de la Garenne,:Louis Jadot

Chassagne Montrachet 1983, Les Chenebottes 1er Cru, Domaine Marc Morey

! Were these ever excellent or v good vintages?

They have been stored at ambient temperatures in an apartment house closet and all have darkened somewhat.

Are these vinegar to be dumped or worth tasting with very close friends or relatives?

Answer
Leonard,

You have a couple of problems. The first is that white wines in general will not age nearly as well (or at all) as red wines. The second and more important is that it sounds like these bottles have not been properly stored for the decade or two before you rediscovered them. You note the colors have darkened and that's a bad sign for the most part. The white burgundies: Puligny Montrachet 1988 Clos de la Garenne,:Louis Jadot and Chassagne Montrachet 1983, Les Chenebottes 1er Cru, Domaine Marc Morey are wines that could age for a number of years. The Chassagne in fact if stored in a proper, temperature controlled cellar might still be good. However I would not expect it now to be worth drinking. The Stags Leap as well will no doubt be shot. The Schramsberg, due to the fact that is has bubbles may have held up the best, but I would not expect a lot. I'd say give them a try but leave the friends and relatives out. They'll likely be disappointed.  

Wine

Joshua Farrell