Wine/Krug 1990

I have a bottle of Krug 1990

It is unopened and in its original box.

Ideally i would like to sell it to a local merchant in the Bristol area.

Could you please advise the best course of action.

Many Thanks

Hi James,

I don't know any merchants near Bristol who might want to make an attractive offer for this, bearing in mind that they will need to allow for a profit margin.

But it's a very good Krug so I think you could expect bids around the £200 mark at auction.

Try J Straker Chadwick's (, who might be willing to collect by appointment next time they have anyone in the area, or Bid for Wine (, if you'd like to take advantage of their on-line auction system.

David Ling

I have 40 year`s experience tasting, collecting and enjoying wines as an amateur enthusiast. Bordeaux and Port are my particular loves and I regularly buy and sell at auction. I have a good library and frequently participate in on-line discussions. I can only help with valuations, buying or selling if you tell me where you live as there are many variations around the world.

I would not feel confident answering questions on German wines or those of the USA, South Africa or Australia. But please check my prestige rating and browse "Browse Past Answers" at the top of this page to see if I'm the one you want to help on everything else! (PLEASE don't forget to tell me where you are if you want my estimation of value or help buying or selling!)

I also participate regularly on several other discussion groups.