Wine/learning about inherited wines

Question
Mr. ling,
My brother was a wine broker and as you might expect quite knowledgeable with regard to the many types of wine. He died recently from a rare form of cancer. His wife is giving wine to me from time to time. Rather than just drink up, in order to honor this wonderful person,I've promised myself that I would research every bottle as I drink it. I hope to learn something about each wine and record my thoughts as my brother always encouraged me to do. Can you suggest any websites that I could enter the information off the labels and learn anything ?
Thank You for your time and consideration.
Jeff T. Henke

Answer
Hi Jeff,

I can't think of any free websites I could recommend that will help in the way you are seeking so I suggest you get hold of a copy of Jancis Robinson's 'How to Taste: A Guide to Enjoying Wine' (http://www.amazon.com/How-Taste-Guide-Enjoying-Wine/dp/1416596658) as I know of no better place to start.

But don't hesitate to ask me about any gifts you get from your friend as I'll be happy to help when I can - either from my own experience or by referring to my library. (Please give me the full text from the labels so that I can identify the wine accurately and explain what the details mean.)

David
.

Wine

David Ling