Wine/Mouton-Cadet 1978 - Quinta 1967

QUESTION: I found a bottle (375 ml) of Mouton-Cadet 1978 Bordeaux Blanc SEC deep in the back of a closet.  Is still a viable wine after 35 years?  The seal is still intact.

The label reads:
Baron Phillippe De Rothschild sa

[ring] with five dots above it and three turns of [dots] through it

Bordeaux Blanc
Appellation Bordeaux Blanc
Un Vin "Baron Phillippe"
mis en bouteilles par

Imported by the Buckingham Wine Corporation

Your assessment is and will be deeply appreciated.

No, it's not. A white wine like that is intended to be drunk as soon as possible after release. Also wines in half bottles age twice as fast as wines in 750ml bottles. Sorry

QUESTION: Oh well, one can only hope.  How about this wine found in the same dark corner of the same closet:

Lisbon Wine

Produced and Bottled by
J. M. DA Fonnseca, Inter.
Imprted By
Hartford, Conn

The seal is still intact and it looks, for all intents and purposes, like it just came from the store.

You were kind enough to respond to my other discovery and I want to come back with this question: still viable?

That's a dry Portuguese red made by Jose Maria da Fonseca, a very well established producer. If it were a vintage Port it would be a very nice find as 1967 is a classic vintage. However, it is a full-bodied dry red that didn't cost more than $5 or so and is unlikely to still be drinkable. Couldn't hurt try it though.  

Joshua Farrell

I can answer most any question about wine- types, styles, grape varieties, regions, vintages, proper storage, production, wine and food pairing, wine service, decanting, proper glassware, serving temperatures etc. Regarding questions about specific bottles of wine, since I live in the U.S. my focus is on wines imported here. I can't answer questions about spirits and liquor valuations.

I have over 20 years of experience. I was a wine buyer and sommelier in NYC for many years including 4 years at Windows on the World which was NY's number one wine restaurant. I created and taught a Wine Appreciation Course at Borough of Manhattan Community College. I have worked for the past 15 years for the Wine Enthusiast Cos. as Editor, Columnist, Wine Storage Consultant and am currently Wine Director and Buyer for their online wine website, I recently judged in the Finger Lakes International Wine Competition. Follow me on Twitter @WEX_Josh

Wine Enthusiast Magazine, Diversions Magazine

Windows on the World Wine School- completed all courses from beginning to advanced. Former member of the Sommelier Society of NY. Competed in the Food and Wines of France Sommelier Competition. Traveled to wine regions in Europe including, Bordeaux, Rhone Valley, Alsace, Tuscany, Piedmont, Veneto, Rioja, and Jerez. Visited wine regions in NY's Finger Lakes, California's Sonoma, Napa and Central Coast and Oregon's Willamette Valley.