I have a bottle of Boberg superior vintage crusted port - 1963.

I was wondering it might worth?

Thanks for any help

That's certainly not a wine you come across every day. Couple of things; South African ports will never be as desirable or collectible as Portuguese; 1963 was a great vintage in Portugal but I don't really know how good it was in the Cape except the fact that they made a vintage port that year means it couldn't have been bad; Next Boberg is good producer of SA port but again, not Portuguese and overall, can't expect SA port makers to compare to the Portuguese houses; finally Crusted port in Portugal is not usually a vintage wine but instead a blend of vintages and the year is when it was bottled. In this case I'm assuming it is a vintage wine and the "Crusted" means it was unfiltered and will throw off sediment (it must be decanted before drinking); and of course the value of any mature fine wine is directly proportional to how well or poorly it's been stored. In pristine condition (proper storage for it's 50 years) at auction it might draw $25 up to $100.  

Joshua Farrell

I can answer most any question about wine- types, styles, grape varieties, regions, vintages, proper storage, production, wine and food pairing, wine service, decanting, proper glassware, serving temperatures etc. Regarding questions about specific bottles of wine, since I live in the U.S. my focus is on wines imported here. I can't answer questions about spirits and liquor valuations.

I have over 20 years of experience. I was a wine buyer and sommelier in NYC for many years including 4 years at Windows on the World which was NY's number one wine restaurant. I created and taught a Wine Appreciation Course at Borough of Manhattan Community College. I have worked for the past 15 years for the Wine Enthusiast Cos. as Editor, Columnist, Wine Storage Consultant and am currently Wine Director and Buyer for their online wine website, I recently judged in the Finger Lakes International Wine Competition. Follow me on Twitter @WEX_Josh

Wine Enthusiast Magazine, Diversions Magazine

Windows on the World Wine School- completed all courses from beginning to advanced. Former member of the Sommelier Society of NY. Competed in the Food and Wines of France Sommelier Competition. Traveled to wine regions in Europe including, Bordeaux, Rhone Valley, Alsace, Tuscany, Piedmont, Veneto, Rioja, and Jerez. Visited wine regions in NY's Finger Lakes, California's Sonoma, Napa and Central Coast and Oregon's Willamette Valley.