Wine/Wine from Certain Region in Italy

Hi Paul,
An Italian organization, to which I am a member, is celebrating its 75th Anniversary. Most of the founding members came from San Marco dei Cavoti in the province of Benevento, Italy. I thought it would be special to present a bottle of wine from San Marco or close to this area to members being honored. Are there any wines that are available in the US from this region? Thank you for your help

Hi Re

I am not sure about wines from San Marcop dei Cavoti...but Benevento has a lot of great producers, and the wines should be available.  There is one caveat:  few Italian wineries are really large, so they don't ever ship much wine to the US.  The secrect is to find and importer or retailer who knows the system and can find something for you. Falanghina is the local grape here, and it makse for some lovely wines,

One place to start looking is at delicious Italy:

And if you are near Manhattan, you can always check with the wine shop at Eataly!

Hope that helps.

Paul wagner  

Paul Wagner

Wines of the world, wine a food matching, wine and food service questions. I currently teach Wine courses at Napa Valley College, am an international wine judge, written many articles for publication, and have been a guest speaker at way too many wine conferences to remember. 25 years in the business. With Liz Thach and Janeen Olsen, I authored the definitive book on wine marketing: Wine Marketing & Sales, Strategies for a Saturated Market by The Wine Appreciation Guild, which won the Gourmand International Award in 2008 for the best wine book for professionals! With Rick Kushman of Capital Public Radio, I host a radio show and podcast called Bottletalk at, where I answer questions about wine and food on the air.

30 years in the business.

Society of Wine Educators, Academy of Wine Communications, American Wine Society

Vineyard and Winery Management Magazine, Fine Wine Journal, les Amis du Vin Journal, Society of Wine Educators Journal, and more.

I have taught at Napa Valley College for the last twenty years.

Spanish National Wine Fair: A lifetime dedicated to wine award. Espaderino della Castelania di Soave in Italy.

Wineries include Caymus, Wente, Parducci, Shannon Ridge, Paul Dolan Wines, Vigilance, and others. Wine regions include the Union des Grand Crus de Borcdeaux, Union des Grands Crus de St. Emilion, Consorzio di Chianti CLassico, Vino Nobile di Montepulciano, Consorzio di Franciacorta, Rioja Alavesa, and others.