Wine/Wine valuation

Rouyer Guillet Cognac
Rouyer Guillet Cognac  

Rouyer Guillet Cognac
Rouyer Guillet Cognac  
Hi, I have a bottle of Rouyer Guillet Cognac and was wondering if you could tell me a rough value on it please?
I live in Australia if it helps
I have attached a photo if you need any additional information
Thank you, Ross

Hi Ross,

This is difficult to value as it's not a commonplace brand in Australia and I don't know what interest it would generate at auction. I suggest you ask Langton's ( for their professional opinion as a potential auction lot.

I doubt if we're talking three figures AUD, before commission, but Langton's might be more optimistic - I hope for your sake!

David Ling

I have 40 year`s experience tasting, collecting and enjoying wines as an amateur enthusiast. Bordeaux and Port are my particular loves and I regularly buy and sell at auction. I have a good library and frequently participate in on-line discussions. I can only help with valuations, buying or selling if you tell me where you live as there are many variations around the world.

I would not feel confident answering questions on German wines or those of the USA, South Africa or Australia. But please check my prestige rating and browse "Browse Past Answers" at the top of this page to see if I'm the one you want to help on everything else! (PLEASE don't forget to tell me where you are if you want my estimation of value or help buying or selling!)

I also participate regularly on several other discussion groups.