Wine/worth selling or drinking?

Question
I have 3 bottles of port and want to know what it is worth before I enjoy them.
RAMOS PINTO vintage 1983, FONSECA(quinta do panascal) vintage 1988 and WARRE'S vintage 1977
Thank you.

Answer
HI Gilles

IF these have been stored correctly, in a very cool, dark place, they should be lovely wines.  In the US, they would range in value from about $100 for the Fonseca to almost $200 for the Warres.  Of course, it is illegal for private citizens in the US to sell wines, so anyone here would have to work through a retailer or auction house who would charge a commission on the sale.  I don't know what the rules are in France.

If they were mine, I would open them on a special occasion and enjoy them with some good friends.  Of course, such wines do not last more than a day or two after opening, so you will want enough friends there to help you finish the bottle!

hope that helps

Paul Wagner

Wine

Paul Wagner