Wine/Bottle of Wine from Princess Diane wedding

I live in Midwest America and I would like to know what the value of a bottle of wine from the Charles and Diane wedding. The label is:. 1978 Johannisberger Erntebruiger, Reisling Dry, DeutscherSekt B.A. Rheingau "Hock" Seal "944".
It has been slightly damaged due to cork leakage, so the contents are not good, but the bottle still has its seal and the labels are recognizable.

Hi Cindy,

I'm sorry but it's difficult to see any value here. No merchant or auction house would accept a single bottle of potential value below their minimum threshold - as this would be even in perfect condition - and it wouldn't be lawful for you to offer it for sale privately.

BTW, Sekts aren't made for long keeping so this bottle was probably at its best around 1980!

David Ling

I have 40 year`s experience tasting, collecting and enjoying wines as an amateur enthusiast. Bordeaux and Port are my particular loves and I regularly buy and sell at auction. I have a good library and frequently participate in on-line discussions. I can only help with valuations, buying or selling if you tell me where you live as there are many variations around the world.

I would not feel confident answering questions on German wines or those of the USA, South Africa or Australia. But please check my prestige rating and browse "Browse Past Answers" at the top of this page to see if I'm the one you want to help on everything else! (PLEASE don't forget to tell me where you are if you want my estimation of value or help buying or selling!)

I also participate regularly on several other discussion groups.