Wine/decorative chianti bottles

Question
wine bottle
wine bottle  
Dear sir I am trying to find a chianti bottle that stands about 16" TALL and the neck is curved can you tell me where I might could find one and what type of chianti comes in that bottle thank you.

Answer
Hi Brian,

Fancy bottle production is big business in the area around Chianti in Italy, mostly to suit the tourist souvenir trade. They come-up frequenly on eBay so I suggest you browse there and register an appropriate seach term so that you get emails when new ones become available.

The original content is usually a low-cost red wine that the bottle producer has sought because the bottles look and sell better when full. But they are never significant wines as such I'm afraid.

David
.

Wine

David Ling