Wine/G.H. Mumm champagne

Hi David,

You had answered a question from "Gina" on 3-28-10 about G.H. Mumm "extra dry" champagne. My wife and I love that type of Mumms and had bought it starting in the 80's but we can't seem to find it anymore---with the purplish foil top. Is it no longer produced or is it sold out. Thank you in advance

Hi Sam,

Extra Dry Champagne has rather fallen from favor due to the fashion for the Brut style but Mumm's is still listed by Wine Hunter in Chatham (NJ), who offer shipping.

See: - at the bottom.

I'm not an expert on the complex inter-state shipping laws in the US though so please check carefully before you order from NJ.

David Ling

I have 40 year`s experience tasting, collecting and enjoying wines as an amateur enthusiast. Bordeaux and Port are my particular loves and I regularly buy and sell at auction. I have a good library and frequently participate in on-line discussions. I can only help with valuations, buying or selling if you tell me where you live as there are many variations around the world.

I would not feel confident answering questions on German wines or those of the USA, South Africa or Australia. But please check my prestige rating and browse "Browse Past Answers" at the top of this page to see if I'm the one you want to help on everything else! (PLEASE don't forget to tell me where you are if you want my estimation of value or help buying or selling!)

I also participate regularly on several other discussion groups.