Wine/Italian wine

Question
Hi! David I was trying to look up this bottle of wine when I ran into your web site so I wanted to ask about this bottle of Italian wine this bottle is about 3 foot tall has a long skinny neck with designs on it bottle is green in color & the wine is red I think it holds 101 litters I am not sure its hard to read the bottle is capped with gold foil if you could tell me some more about this bottle & maybe a value I would be appreciative thanks from Nancy in Sacramento, California

Answer
Hi Nancy,

You're describing a typical tourist souvenir from the Chianti area of northern Italy, where fancy bottles are a major product of the local glass industry.

I don't think you'd enjoy drinking the contents as they are almost certainly the cheapest wine the makers could find at the time - chosen to show-off the bottle and not intended for drinking.

Your bottle would be impossible to sell lawfully in the US as no merchant or auction house would be interested so I suggest you keep it on display as a talking point.

David
.

Wine

David Ling