Wine/Janneau Grand Armagnac VSOP

Question
Janneau Armagnac
Janneau Armagnac  
Dear David

I have a 70cl bottle of Janneau Grand Armagnac VSOP in a wooden presentation box that I received as a gift in c.1995. I am trying to establish its year of production but cannot find anything on the bottle that indicates this. Could you please advise if there are any marks on the bottle that establishes this? Following this could you give an indication of its value as it has been sitting in my cupboard for all that time and I am looking for a possible sale if it is worth it.

Many Thanks

Paul

Answer
Hi Paul,

You could replace this in the UK for around £24 + VAT so I doubt if you'd find sale worthwile after deduction of auction costs.

VSOP Armagnacs are blends of several distillations assembled to maintain a consistent house style and are impossible to date without access to the producer's private label codes. (My guess would be that your bottle was probably produced only a few years before you received it - allowing time for it to reach the retailer concerned via his distribution chain.)

It will be equally good now as it was then and will remain so for decades if you keep the seal intact and thus prevent evaporation.

David
.

Wine

David Ling