Wine/Sparkling wine question

I have a bottle of Prasidenten-Gold from around the time of Princess Diana's wedding.  Label A-15056.  Is it of any value or should I consider getting rid of it?

Thank you for any info

Hi Judith,

I'm sorry but German sparkling wine - or "Sekt" - isn't a wine made for keeping so this is several decades into decline.

It wouldn't be drinkable after this time and no merchant or auction house would accept it so it has no value.

Sorry but 'getting rid' - in the trash, I'm afraid(!) - is the only choice I can see, unless you want to keep it on display.

David Ling

I have 40 year`s experience tasting, collecting and enjoying wines as an amateur enthusiast. Bordeaux and Port are my particular loves and I regularly buy and sell at auction. I have a good library and frequently participate in on-line discussions. I can only help with valuations, buying or selling if you tell me where you live as there are many variations around the world.

I would not feel confident answering questions on German wines or those of the USA, South Africa or Australia. But please check my prestige rating and browse "Browse Past Answers" at the top of this page to see if I'm the one you want to help on everything else! (PLEASE don't forget to tell me where you are if you want my estimation of value or help buying or selling!)

I also participate regularly on several other discussion groups.