Wine/Still good to drink

I have a bottle of Nectarose Vin Rose'De France that was purchased 35 years ago and was never opened. I would like to know if it is still okay to drink it?
    Also, the instructions did not imply that only one question could be submitted. So I will try for two.
    I also have a bottle of Mateus (Rose), never opened and purchased 35 years ago. Both were store in a cool dark location. Would this be okay to drink as well?

Thank you for your reply.

Hi Leonardo,

The good news is that I'm happy to answer two questions at once; but the bad is that there's no possibility of pleasure from opening either of these. (RosÚs are intended for drinking on release - not for keeping for 35years!)

I don't think they'd do you any actual harm if you want to try them for the experience but I don't think you want to finish them.

David Ling

I have 40 year`s experience tasting, collecting and enjoying wines as an amateur enthusiast. Bordeaux and Port are my particular loves and I regularly buy and sell at auction. I have a good library and frequently participate in on-line discussions. I can only help with valuations, buying or selling if you tell me where you live as there are many variations around the world.

I would not feel confident answering questions on German wines or those of the USA, South Africa or Australia. But please check my prestige rating and browse "Browse Past Answers" at the top of this page to see if I'm the one you want to help on everything else! (PLEASE don't forget to tell me where you are if you want my estimation of value or help buying or selling!)

I also participate regularly on several other discussion groups.