Wine/Value

Question
Hi I have found a bottle of Luxor pure gold 24k Brut and was just wondering what it was worth and were I could sell it     The thing is I no it sounds stupid but it has no liquid in just full of gold flakes If you could help I would very much apreshate it

Answer
Hi Adam,

This has a following in some markets where 'bling' is valued - Arab countries and China for example - but is just a curiousity in the UK where most Champagne enthusiasts would prefer a Krug, Winston Churchill or DP.

None-the-less, I think you might have hoped for auction bids into 3 figures GBP for a pristine bottle.

As descibed though it has no value as a wine I'm afraid, and probably very little if you were to extract the gold leaf and sell that as scrap as it will amount to very little when weighed.

David
.

Wine

David Ling