Wine/Vintage Port value

Question
Port
Port  
Dear Paul,
I am looking for a value on a bottle of 1945 vintage port. I have attached a photo for you. I have had no luck at all finding any information about the distillery.

I look forward to your reply

Regards

Lisa

Answer
Hi Lisa

This is an interesting bottle--when you said it was vintage port, I thought it would be from Portugal!  This is from Australia, and while these wines can be absolutely delicious, the usually don't have the same value at auction as the ones from Portugal.  I would guess that this is worth about $100 or less, but it would certainly be lovely to drink.

I'm afraid I don't have much information about the winery itself--it seems to have gone out of business years ago--but I hope that I've been able to help a bit

Paul Wagner

Wine

Paul Wagner