Wine/Christian Brothers Chateua LaSalle wine

Question
I was just doing some Google research on Christian Brothers Chateau LaSalle wine, which used to be one of my favorites many years ago, not for WITH a meal, but perhaps as a dessert wine afterwards. I was earnestly hoping to find that it was still made by someone, but, oh, so disappointed to learn that it wasn't! My goodness, how can anyone or any business let such a delicious, uniquely-flavored wine completely disappear forever? Do you happen to know of any wine that might even come close?  Thanks for your help!

Answer
Hi Craig

I know that wine well--I used to work for Christian Brothers winery many years ago.

Today your best bet would be a Moscato d'Asti fromm Italy--although Sutter Home is also making a muscaat that has some of the same character.

Hope that helps.

Paul Wagner

Wine

Paul Wagner