Wine/el monasterio cream sherry

Question
how much value is there in a bottle of el monasterio cream sherry  bottle number  32  thanks much

Answer
HI Paul

This is not related to the more famous Monasterio winery in Ribera del Duero--they make only red wines.  Sherry comes from the south of Spain (the name is an English corruption of Jerez, which is the town where Sherry is best known.) The grapes are Palomino and Pedro Ximinex--the latter being more popular in the sweeter styles like cream sherry.

It is sweet, very dark in color, with notes of caramel and hazelnut, and the sugar and high alcohol give is a long finish.  These wines are best on their own, with cheese, or perhaps with a nice chocolate dessert.

Hope that helps

Paul Wagner

Wine

Paul Wagner